Although LoTRDC is a non-profit club run by a team of unpaid volunteers it does require a number of sponsors to help cover some of the costs of running a race series. Our philosophy has always been that drivers should cover the cost of their track time via race entry fee’s whilst sponsorship should cover promotion and marketing costs such as Advertising, TV, Media and Branding.
With the best race calendars, packed grids and a huge fan base there really are no better championships to be involved with.
Series Sponsorship Packages
Headline sponsorship for the championships will remain with Motul until at least the 2018 season. However, we have a number of championship sponsorship packages available for the 2017 season for either the UK based Lotus Cup UK Speed Championship or the FIA authorised European Championship – Lotus Cup Europe.
Lotus Cup UK Speed Championship packages start at just £1500 while Lotus Cup Europe packages start at 4000€. However, packages can be tailored to suit specific requirements.
Series sponsorship includes:
- Logo included on each side of ALL championship entered cars. Each sponsor is allocated a 24.5cm x 4cm slot on sill panels.
- Sponsors logo included on all pages of the LoTRDC, Lotus Cup Europe/LCUK Speed Championship and Lotus on Track websites.
- Lotus Cup Europe will again have Seven x 1hr TV programmes in 2017 broadcast across Europe Motors TV.
- Lotus Cup Europe Sponsors logo to be included in the introduction sequence of at least 7 x 2 minute highlights videos before each full TV programme is broadcast.
- Six entry tickets to all events.
- Each sponsor to have a full page advert in the LoTRDC 2017 brochure. 10,000 brochures & flyers are produced and distributed at events including Lotus on Track track days as well as via Lotus main dealers.
- Logo on both sides of Lotus Cup Europe hospitality truck for LCE Sponsors.
- Opportunity to place leaflets in LoTRDC race centre at all rounds.
- Licence to use relevant championship logos on sponsors’ advertising material.
- Advert & hyperlink provided on the teams/support and parts section of this website as well as on Lotus on Track.
- Lotus Cup Europe sponsors will be focused in at least one series TV programme in 2017.
- Lotus on Track is the largest track day club in the World with over 4,000 members, having organised over 900 events. Sponsorship includes a banner on the LoT website, forums, shop and newsletter.
Individual round sponsorship – €500 + VAT
Would you like to sponsor your local round? With a fixed price of just €500+VAT, why not promote your company in your local area? Includes display area, tickets with access to the LoTRDC hospitality area and website advert on entry page.
Facts and figures
- FIA approved – FIA International Championship status, similar to series such as GP2 and DTM.
- International driver reach – Austria, Belgium, Denmark, France, Germany, Hungary, Netherlands, Sweden, Switzerland & United Kingdom all represented in 2016.
- Group Lotus – The only race series fully supported by Group Lotus.
- TV coverage: The Lotus Cup Europeprogramme is broadcast on Motors TV to 15 million households across 52 countries.
- Over 170,000 spectators watched Lotus Cup Europe live in 2016.
- Social media – Lotus Cup Europe has over 61,000 fans on Facebook in addition to over 7,000 newsletter subscribers.
- Facebook – In the last calendar year 3 million views / 150,000 video views / 250,000+ likes.
- Lotus Cup Europe is by far the largest and most prestigious Lotus race championship in the World.
- Lotus Cup UK Speed Championship has received more press coverage than any other Lotus championship during 2015 & 2016, the only exception being LCE.
- Lotus on Track is the largest track day club in the World with over 4,500 members and 900 events todate, sponsorship includes access to these Lotus owners.
- Over 300,000 series advertising postcards, flyers & programmes have been distributed. Each containing sponsor logo’s.
- Lotus Cup Europe has recorded the largest number of starters of any one marque European wide sports car series over the last 7 years.
- LoTRDC race cars have been seen by more members of the public than any other national race series over the last 10 years. This includes TV, shows, hundreds of events and even participating in the World’s largest parade!
- World Land Speed Record holder Wing Commander Andy Green OBE, BBC1 Formula 1 anchor Jake Humphrey, ex-Lotus Formula 1 driver Martin Donnelly and Ex-250CC Motorcycle World Champion and MotoGP runner up Marco Melandri have all competed. Andy and Jake both made their race debuts withLoTRDC.
- All press releases are published on the Group Lotus website. Lotus Forums are also a partner and publish all news items.
- All championships are promoted by Group Lotus via their website and publications.
- Lotus Cup Europe and the LCUK Speed Championships are supported by thousands of Lotus enthusiasts each year.
- The annual Lotus Festival, set up and run by LoTRDC was the largest Lotus gathering in Europe up to the point it was given away for the 2015 season.
- 2017 will see ex-Lotus F1 driver Martin Donnelly racing in Lotus Cup Europe in the Production class where he will be helping to promote the series alongside his stewarding roles for Formula 1, Goodwood Revival amongst others.
- The Lotus Cup UK Speed Championship calendar in 2017 will include 9 rounds of which 5 are taking part at major race circuits and 4 as part of race meetings including the World’s largest MG event – MG Live.